Visit London’s Best Farmers and Food Markets
If you’re anything like me then your life revolves around food and London’s markets are the perfect place to indulge your foodie fantasies. Street food, fresh produce, local farmers and producers, food with a conscience, London’s markets have it all. Not only have they been spearheading the capitals street food revolution, they have been instrumental in helping people to discover, reconnect and appreciate the origin and quality of good food. Whatever tickles your taste buds, here are some of London’s Best Farmers and Food Markets to add to your Good Food Trail. As featured in our Summer Guide to London’s Markets, Pages 6-7.
- Saturday Farmers Markets
- Sunday Farmers Markets
- London’s Best Food Markets
- London Famous Food Markets
- London artisans, street food vendors, & bakers
London Farmers Markets
London Farmers Markets operate over 20 great markets around North, South, East and West London. They are all about connecting the farmers and producers directly with communities. Their central London markets have more of a hot food/lunchtime focus, but many of their other markets offer a wide variety of fresh produce, organic producers, artisan bakers, cheese, micro brewers, and garden plants. A few of our favourites include:
- Queens Park Farmers Market has a great selection of stalls. Held every Sunday 10am-2pm. Salusbury Primary School, Salusbury Road, London NW6 6RG.
- Bloomsbury Farmers Market, A buzzing food market help every Thursday at University London.
- South Kensington Farmers Market on Tuesday is a tranquil park setting, great for lunch. Every Tuesday 9am-2pm. Queens Lawn, Imperial College SW7 5NH
- Parliament Hill is in a great location close to Hampstead Heath so you can enjoy a brisk walk around the Heath followed by an indulgent reward at the market after. Every Saturday 10am-2pm. William Ellis School, off Highgate Road. NW5 1R
- BlackHeath Farmers Market, Visit the well established Blackheath Farmers Market held every Sunday. Blackheath Farmers Market has been a popular local market for many years. Read more.
- Dulwich Farmers Market. A new market for Dulwich Village, held every Saturday 10am-2pm. Shop fresh. Shop local. Read more.
City & Country Farmers Markets
These guys hold some of London’s favourite markets including the much loved Herne Hill Market. I love CCFM as you can find a fine fusion of food and crafts. We love:
- Herne Hill Market, Every Sunday 10am-4pm. Railton Road, Herne Hill, SE24 0JN.
- Alexandra Palace Market, Every Sunday 10am-3pm. held at either Alexandra Palace Park or Campsbourne School.
- The Oval, Every Saturday 10am-3pm. St. Mark’s Church, The Oval, Kennington, SE11 4PW
London’s food market scene would be no where without the legendary Borough Market. It has a breath taking selection of stalls as well as permanent shops and eateries. Their continuously placing themselves at the forefront of London’s buzzing culinary scene with food demos, industry talks and master classes amongst the many events on their calendar. Borough Talks takes place this summer and they’ve also recently launched a Borough Market Book Club.
8 Southwark St, London SE1 1TL. Open: Mon-Tues for lunch 10am-5pm, Full Market Wed-Thurs 10am-5pm, Fri & Sat 8am-5pm
A small but well refined local Saturday Market for North London. Read more.
Shepherds Markets are another big player on London’s food market scene running over 20 Good Food markets within London, at destinations including Startisans Covent Garden, Canary Wharf, St Pauls, Mayfair, Chiswick and Baker Street. Our favourite has to be Partridges in Chelsea.
A weekly Fine Food Market with a great reputation due to its great selection of British and International foods. The “It Girl” of the food market scene. Here you can eat oysters whilst sipping on champagne. Great fresh produce stalls and artisan stalls selling everything you need to stock up for the weekend alongside top quality hot and cold street food vendors.
Every Saturday 10am-4pm. Read more.
Broadway Market is Hackney’s finest weekly Saturday food market. Find an array of hot food, fresh produce, artisan coffee, local arts and crafts. Busy and vibrant!
Crystal Palace Food Market
This market brings together community, promotes local talent and independent prosperity. Each week you’ll find artisan food stalls, local fresh produce, and Handmade in Palace, which features arts and crafts from local creatives.
Every Saturday 10 am-3pm. Read more
Brockley Market Every Saturday held in the carpark of Lewisham College. A great food market, with a local philosophy and community spirit. Read more.
Venn Street Market
A local community food market in Clapham working directly with farmers and small independent producers, with a strong ethos of ensuring high quality and fair prices.
Every Saturday 10am-4pm. Read more.
Brentford Food Market
Brentford Market is a weekly food market in West London supporting local producers, businesses and farmers. Focusing on high quality food the market offers local people an alternative to the supermarket and a chance to purchase locally sourced, affordable produce.
Held every Sunday 10-2pm. Read more.
Camden Lock Market – West Yard
Enjoy street food from around the world in the picturesque setting of Camden Lock Market, West Yard. There’s so much choice your taste buds can travel the world. It’s a great place to take lunch and watch the world go by. It’s especially special on a hot on a summer’s day. Read more.
Rope Walk, Maltby Street Market
It’s impossible not to fall in love with Maltby Street Market at Rope Walk in Bermondsey. It’s the super-cool mover and shaker of London’s food market scene. Eat Street, or fine dine amongst the arches. Lots of fab micro-breweries too. Every Saturday 9am-4pm & Sunday 11am-4pm.
New Food Markets on the Block!
New markets are springing up around London all of the time. Here are a few food market newbies to check out.
Earls Court Farmers Market, Every Sunday 10am-2pm. St Cuthbert with St Matthias School, Warwick Road SW5 9UE
Barnsbury Market, Every Saturday 11am-3pm. Matilda St, London, N1 OLB
High Road Market Chiswick, 10am-3pm, Belmont Primary School, Belmont Road, Chiswick, London W4 5UL.TEL
White City Farmers Market, Every Sunday 10am-3pm. Wendell Park Primary School, Cobbold Road, W12 9LA.
Baby and Children
Designs & Makers
Vintage and Retro