North Kensington’s Kindred Studios are launching their first ever Kindred & Friends Designer Maker Pop-Up on Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th December [...]
North Kensington’s Kindred Studios are launching their first ever Kindred & Friends Designer Maker Pop-Up on Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th December 2016. More than fifty artisans will be selling beautiful, unique and affordable gifts all hand made in London.
This event is part of the Portobello Winter Festival, which will feature a Grotto Wonderland, festive decorations, gift wrapping, a Christmas rum shack, Winter Toddy Trail, live performances and much more,
Portobello Winter Festival will feature steel pan renditions of Christmas songs on a Carnival stage, a festive makeover for the world-famous vintage market, pop-up stalls from locally based designers and Christmas rum shack.
North Kensington is famous the world over for its street market, creative spirit, and of course, the Notting Hill Carnival. The Portobello Winter Festival will reflect all of this in a unique festive celebration that will see music fill the air as families celebrate and shoppers pick up gifts unavailable anywhere else.
Among the activities taking place will be:
* A Grotto Wonderland with festive treats, live performances and a Santa’s grotto designed by local upcycling company Goldfinger Factory.
* A festive makeover to the Vintage Clothes Market including traditional Christmas stalls.
* Exclusive designer and maker pop-ups and gift wrapping from Kindred Studios’ sculptors, fashion designers, ceramicists, jewellers and more.
* A Christmas rum shack serving festive drinks with a Portobello-twist.
* Acklam Village Market Winter’s Tale, which sees the distinctive venue in a bay under the Westway flyover host live festive performances with food, drink and more.
There will be entertainment throughout the weekend from local musicians including African Percussion and dance, Nucleo Childrens Orchestra, Calypso, Moroccon Berber, Tribo Samba band, Salvation Army brass band, The Treblemakers and local choirs.
Portobello Winter Festival is a collaboration between Acklam Village Market, Kindred Studios, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, Portobello Green Market and Westway Trust.
2 (Friday) 10:00 am - 4 (Sunday) 8:00 pm
Portobello Road, London W11 1AN